CALL US TODAY: 248-918-6094
A. Mack Moving & Storage, Inc. believes in educating the customer about the moving process. The following packing tips are offered as a way to assist the customer in learning about the moving process.
General Packing Tips
- Pack items by room; Don't mix items from multiple rooms.
- Heavy items should be moved in small boxes while lighter items can be moved in larger boxes.
- Label your boxes with the room they should go to in your new home. Also, label the doors of the rooms so the movers know where each box should be placed.
- Pack a box with the essentials that you'll need on the first day at your new home (i.e. toilet paper, medicine, a change of clothes, your phone charger, etc.
- Never wrap dishes in printed newspaper because the print will transfer to your dishes.
Packing Electronic Equipment
- Take a photo of how your electronics are hooked up. Conider buying and placing color coded stickers on the cords for ease of re-assembly.
- When disassembling furniture or other items put the screws in a plastic bag and tape the bag to the item.