CALL US TODAY: 248-918-6094
The most important parts of moving are planning and organization. The following tips are offered as a way to effectively plan and organize your moving day to ensure a stress-free move.
One Month Before Moving Day
- Schedule your moving day with A. Mack Moving & Storage two weeks in advance, if possible. You may want to schedule your move earlier if you're moving during the busy season (May 15 - October 15.)
- Order packing supplies and moving boxes.
- Pack your non-essentials (items that are less frequently used.)
- Determine what items you'll need to discard and/or donate.
- Make a list of everyone that you'll need to inform that you're moving.
- Determine the budget for your move. This will allow A. Mack Moving & Storage, Inc. to recommend the services you may want to opt for during your move.
- Reserve the elevator, parking spaces, etc. for the home you're moving from and the home you're moving to (if necessary)
Two Weeks Before Moving Day
- Change your address on your Driver's License.
- Notify your utility companies to arrange shut off and turn on dates.
- Use the food in your pantry to reduce the amount of boxes you'll need and the number of items you'll need to pack.
- Arrange to have your appliances (stove, refrigerator, washer, dryer, etc) disconnected. Remember, our movers are not allowed to disassemble appliances.
The Day Before Moving Day
- Pack a bag of essentials items that you'll need the day after you move.
- Separate items that you'll be moving yourself.
- Make sure that all refrigerators and freezers have been emptied, defrosted, and thoroughly dried before moving.
- Complete any remaining packing.
- Pack your checkbook, credit cards, keys, medications, and traveling essentials and take them with you in your personal vehicle.
- Be present to answer any questions the movers may have
- Let your movers know which items are fragile or need special handling
- Determine which bathroom the movers will be allowed to use
- Keep beverages and snacks on hand
- Clear the walking path which leads to your door
- Remove all door mats and other tripping hazards
- Shovel the snow (if necessary)
- Determine how you'll pay the movers at the completion of your move. We accept cash, debit, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express.
Items We Cannot Move
In order to ensure the safety of our drivers and movers we cannot move the following items:
- Hazardous items such as:
- Aerosol Cans
- Charcoal and lighter fluid
- Cleaning Supplies
- Loaded weapons
- Propane Tanks
- Weed Killer
- Perishable food items such as:
- Food items that are open
- Frozen Food